As we all know, the COVID-19 has spread across many countries which has caused a great panic among people.
From the current case, the main symptoms of COVID-19 are fever (geothermal, high fever), and dry cough. Shortness of breath and chest tightness after three or five days. Some patients may also experience symptoms such as respiratory failure and shock. It is recommended to seek medical treatment in time if you have a fever. The virus incubation period is about 7 days on average, ranging from 2-3 days to 12 days. Hence, it’s important to take care of yourself at this critical time!
However, maybe everyone thinks that the coronavirus in dogs and cats is the same as this new type of coronavirus? Actually, it is certain that the two viruses are different, and the new coronavirus is not a mutation of the canine and cat coronavirus. Moreover, canine and feline coronaviruses do not infect humans.
However, the relevant departments have not confirmed whether cats and dogs and other pets will be infected with the COVID-19. Therefore, we must also pay attention to protecting the pets in our homes.
10 Ways to Prevent Pets form Getting the COVID-19
1. In general, don’t go to zoos, pet markets, densely populated places, etc.
2. Friends who have the habit of taking pets out, especially those who usually walk their dogs, should minimize taking pets out. You must not go out to friends, you must remember to wear a face mask; after you get home, you must clean the pet's four claws (the pet's claws are easy to carry bacteria on the ground).
3. Don't be greedy to eat wild animals! Whether it is food for yourself, your family, or your pets, you should eat it well; don't eat it for the sake of good taste, so as not to infect the germs.
4. The COVID-19 is good at destroying immunity. Therefore, you should interact with your pets at home and appropriately involve your pets in sports, so that you can enjoy your body and mind and improve your immunity.
5. When we go home, it ’s best not to touch the pet first as usual, we should change shoes first, and place the shoes in a place where the pet cannot reach. Then use a germicidal hand sanitizer and thoroughly clean your hands before touching or touching your pet to avoid bringing bacteria to your pet. (Germs are usually transmitted by hand)
6. The living environment should be well maintained, and pet faeces and food bowls should be cleaned in time. Mop the floor with pet-specific disinfectants as appropriate.
7. Do not close windows all day because of fear of viruses. Be sure to pay attention to opening windows to ensure air circulation.
8. Try to control your pet's range of activities at home, bathe your pets regularly, keep your pets hygienic, and add pet-specific disinfectants when you bathe.
9. When you do outdoor activities, pets should be controlled not to run around, to prevent contact with patients with new coronary pneumonia infection, at the same time, they should respect others and keep a distance from others.
10. If you are too worried about contracting new coronary pneumonia, you can temporarily place your pet in a pet care center and other places.
Recently, we can see that some poor pets were abandoned by their masters! It’s really a irresponsible behavior! Pets can bring happiness to you, and they cannot spread novel coronavirus for people! Hence, we should take care of our pets and cross the difficulties together!